(Redirected from Main Page)
HOW TO BOOK DEVICES AT GENERAL INSTRUMENTATION?
(GI - Faculty of Science – Radboud University)
First time registration
- Type https://bookings.science.ru.nl/ in your favorite browser or mobile and click on the button Equipment and booking page
- In the PORTAL page, click on Login (upper right corner). A new window opens.
Under LOGIN, fill in your Radboud University user number (u number for employees
of the science faculty, z for employees of the medical faculty, s for students and e for
external guests) with the corresponding password, and click on the login button.
Temporary external users, like users of spinoff companies, should first contact the appropriate assistant for a login.Students should work under supervision
- A form appears. Fill in your First name, Last name, Department, Room number and if known Charge account (= kostenplaats; default charge account of the own department or special projects).
- Send a short message to the GI assistant and ask him/her to complete the registration
How to request access to booking of devices?
- Once you have enough expertise to work independently on a certain device, you can
ask the responsible assistant to provide you access for that device/technique.
Email address assistants Responsible for email@example.com Element and amino acid analysis firstname.lastname@example.org Element and amino acid analysis email@example.com Electron microscopy firstname.lastname@example.org Light microscopy, ultracentrifugation
How can users with access to certain devices book time to work?
- Go to https://bookings.science.ru.nl/public/portal/
- Login (with your u, z, s or e number or personal temporary login)
- Choose a Domain (General Instrumentation GI, Microscopic Imaging Centre MIC, Organic Chemistry IMM) from the upper horizontal tab menu.
- Choose a category (e.g. GI electron microscopy) in the left column.
- Choose the device of interest (e.g. JEOL 1010 electron microscope)
The green dot indicates that the device functions normally. A yellow color tells that there is a problem, and red means not open for booking (for example because “out of order”).
Note: Clicking on [details] opens additional information on the device (description, location, contact/assistance, webpage, additional documents like manuals/procedures in pdf, and message about problems)
- Click on Bookings for making a reservation. A new window opens with the week planning for that particular device: green bars mean free for booking, red bars indicate already booked time, blue your own bookings.
- Click on the desired date and enter the beginning and end of the reservation. Note
that some devices have a limited time slot (only one morning or one afternoon), while
other can accept multiple bookings. Your own bookings in the planning appear in
- Overview of the bookings for a particular day are listed below the planning (tip: it may be useful to mail next user if you are ready earlier than planned). Some devices accept deletion of a booking, other not, but cancellation of bookings planned in less than 24 hrs can only be done by an assistant.
- The tab (sub-top tab menu) My info shows the list of devices which you are allowed to book
- My bookings (sub top tab menu) allows one to get an overview of the own booking for a time lapse (enter beginning date on the left calendar and end date on the right calendar end press “Generate Report”)